Are you an Accounting Manager experience Cost Accounting and Sage in a manufacturing to sales environment? Do you enjoy providing “World Class Customer Service” by making each internal customer contact an easy and pleasurable experience? If this sounds like you, Protecto Wrap Company may be your new work home! Protecto Wrap Company is currently seeking a full-time Accounting Manager to lead a small team and reports directly to the Controller.
Protect Wrap Co has been manufacturing waterproofing membranes for the construction industry since 1952. Since then we have built a sound reputation for producing some of the highest quality building and flooring underlayment product solutions for moisture, air, and soundproofing membranes. Today, we continue to meet the growing needs of our customers through our innovations providing premium products and customer “World Class Customer Service.”
We value our employees and provide excellent benefits; Medical, Dental, Vision, Company fully paid Life and Disability Insurances and a company match on our 401k. In addition, you will also receive generous PTO.
What you will be doing:
Our Accounting Manager will primarily be responsible for supervising the operation of the accounting department, and direct supervisor of 4 accounting clerks.
- Prepare & enter monthly adjusting journal entries, standard cost review, monthly bank reconciliation, closing sub-ledgers
- Enter weekly & bi-monthly payroll entries
- Ability to prepare product costing and analysis
- Ability to process AR, AP, production and purchasing
- Balance sheet reconciliations, accruals & expense account reviews/explanations
Monthly sales reports
- Process sales credits
- Assigns and audits work of accounts payables, accounts receivables, and cost accounting clerks
- Business intelligence reporting
- Handles more important, confidential accounting matters
- Under direction from management and using independent judgment, performs advanced and specialized accounting assignments
- Obtains and analyzes financial information to prepare reports, statements, and recommendations
- Assists in the development of policies, systems, etc.
- Supervise periodic physical inventories
- Credit application review
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience in a standard cost environment preferably in manufacturing
- Management/supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office, experience with Sage 100, Sage Intelligence and Crystal Reports a plus
- Ability to be versatile and work independently, while achieving results
- Successful completion of pre-employment checks to include a criminal and financial background checks and drug screening.
Additional information about working here:
- Reports to the Controller
- Work is generally confined to a standard office environment spending 90% of the time sitting and 10% of the time either standing or walking
- Occasionally lifts, carries, pulls or pushes up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally stoops, kneels, balances, reaches, crawls and crouches while performing office or work duties
- Constant use of verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication through automated devices, such as telephones and/or in person
- Constant use of eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery or equipment
- Constant use of visual capacity enabling constant use of computer or other work-related equipment
Please send resumes to: email@example.com