Mid-West Regional Sales Manager – Flooring
Protecto Wrap Company is growing, and we are hiring a Regional Sales Manager in our Flooring Division. Protecto Wrap Company is seeking an experienced Regional Sales Manager for the Mid-West. The Mid-West Region currently includes Illinois, Indiana Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, and North Dakota.
As our Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the sales and management of Protecto Wrap flooring products within the assigned territory. Additionally, you will be responsible for the management of the authorized manufacturer’s representatives within the specific territory. The selected candidate will work remotely from your home office and must currently reside in the Chicago, Illinois market.
What you will be doing:
- Strives to accomplish organizational and departmental mission
- Overnight travel required 50%+
- The primary focus (50%+) will be developing the major metropolitan markets in the region by working with and capitalizing on opportunities with the distributor, contractor, and architectural communities to drive demand for Protecto Wrap Flooring Products.
- This position will also be responsible for managing the sales activities of our authorized Independent Manufacturer’s Representatives within the assigned region
- Manages and directs all activities involving sales of Protecto Wrap Flooring Products.
- Represent company at trade shows and customer events to promote products.
- Must be able to present product information in a professional manner to existing and potential customers
- Confers or consults with the marketing department to plan advertising services and to secure information on products and customer specifications
- Provides accurate information to customers regarding product knowledge, technical and pricing
- Works with the customer service, shipping, and production departments to be sure products are available and shipped in a timely manner. Effectively and efficiently conducts product training at all levels of the sales channel
- Performs other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
- Experience with Tile installation products required
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in Flooring products industry, preferably installation materials in the Mid-West Region, United States
- Established relationships with flooring distribution preferred
- Ability to leverage relationships with flooring materials distribution, Tile contractors and the A&D community.
- Computer proficient and working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to be versatile, and work independently and autonomously while achieving results and exceeding goals
- Proven track record of established relationships with Tile and Flooring distribution in the region, and increasing sales and profitability
- Thorough product knowledge with the ability to conduct presentations
- Must have excellent customer service and presentation skills and effective administration skills
Living and Working:
- Candidate will live in the Chicago, Illinois metro area
- Sales Region: Illinois, Indiana Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, and North Dakota.
- Must be able and willing to travel overnight as needed, typically 50 – 75% of the time.
- This position requires successful completion of pre-employment checks to include a criminal background check, drug screening and if appropriate driving/motor vehicle records checks.