Jiffy Seal® BUTYL Ice & Water Guard HT
Jiffy Seal Butyl Ice & Water Guard HT self-adhered underlayment was designed for high temperature, highly conductive roofs (Copper, Zinc and CortenTM) and high-altitude applications. Jiffy Seal Butyl Ice & Water Guard HT protects your roof from the damage caused by roof leaks due to ice dams and wind driven rain.
Jiffy Seal Butyl Ice & Water Guard HT sticks to the roof deck, forms superior laps and seals around nails. Jiffy Seal Butyl Ice & Water Guard HT can be installed in temperatures as low as 20°F and is rated to 300°F.
Features & Benefits
- Heat Resistance — Jiffy Seal Butyl Ice & Water Guard HT is formulated to withstand temperatures up to 300°F.
- Seals Around Fasteners — The proprietary butyl adhesive layer in Jiffy Seal Butyl Ice & Water Guard HT roof underlayment seals around properly installed roofing nails to help keep water out of your home or building due to ice-dams and wind-driven rain.
- Adhesion To:
- The Roof Deck — The butyl adhesive bonds firmly to the roof deck.
- Laps — The membrane bonds to itself to form watertight overlaps without special treatment.
- Chemical Compatibility — Compatible with low slope roofing materials such as EPDM and TPO.
- Split Release Liner — The split release liner is easy to remove and allows for easier installation of the membrane especially in valleys and detail areas.
- UV Exposure – Jiffy Seal Butyl can withstand up to 180 days of exposure before the final roof covering is installed.
- Meets Roofing Standards – Jiffy Seal Butyl Ice & Water Guard HT has 3rd party certification that it complies with IBC, IRC and FL Building Code roofing codes and regulations. Standards. See IAPMO UES-ER0390.
- Walk-on Surface – Jiffy Seal Butyl’s anti-slip surface provides excellent slip resistance.