SafSeal Systems PWC – 6610 Seam Seal Tape
Protecto Wrap SafSeal Systems PWC – 6610 Seam Seal Tape is a self-adhering air and moisture barrier for use on vertical and horizontal above grade substrates including preventing joist rot under decking boards.
PWC – 6610 is a 35 mil thick polyethylene backed synthetic butyl rubber based adhesive membrane that can be applied to gypsum board, steel, concrete, building paper, block wall, insulation board, plywood, metal, styrene and polyethylene surfaces to form a positive and immediate moisture and vapor barrier protection system. PWC – 6610 has excellent conformability characteristics to irregular surfaces, low temperature adhesion and high temperature flow stability. The synthetic butyl rubber compound adhesive provides excellent thermal resistance to high-temperature environments. The butyl compound adhesive has been tested and proven not to cold flow at elevated temperatures up to 300°F (149°C).
Features & Benefits
PWC – 6610 can be used for, but is not limited to, the following applications:
- Sheet rock joints in roof assemblies
- Sealing joints on gypsum sheathing in cavity wall construction
- Window and door perimeters to the building substrate
- Beneath metal cap flashing
- Joints on outsilation systems
- Joists under decking boards
- Other areas where a moisture, vapor or air barrier is required
- Applications on surfaces as cold as 25°F (-3.8°C) or above
- All critical high-temperature applications where a moisture, vapor or air barrier is required